Failure to scoop, persistent texting and five curfew violations were among matters Port Allegany Police Department personnel found themselves dealing with in the week that began Monday, January 3, and ended Sunday, January 9.


Activities started quietly at 7:50 a.m. last Monday when Chief Dave Distrola went to 105 Katherine Street to solve a vehicle lock-out problem.


At 10 a.m. Distrola got a complaint from a Harrison Street resident about a neighborís dog defecating in the complainantís yard. The neighbor was informed of the complaint, and agreed to clean up after the dog, and to do so from now on.


 Last Wednesday at 10 a.m. Chief Distrola received a report that there was a bike in the creek bed behind 202 Maple Street. He did not retrieve the bike at that time due to conditions and its location.


At 1 p.m. Thursday Distrola was told of a Wednesday evening incident in which a mirror had been broken. It appeared that sometime between 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. someone had clipped the driverís side mirror of a 2005 Ford F-150 owned by Dave Mensch while it was parked on Arnold Avenue across from St. Josephís Episcopal Church.


At 6:30 p.m. it was Officer Tony Tannerís turn to assist with a vehicle lock-out, this time on Grace Avenue.


 Saturday night at 11:15 Tanner discovered three male juveniles out after curfew, on Church Street. They were taken to their homes and issued written warnings.


At 12:28 a.m. Sunday Tanner found two female juveniles out after curfew on Chestnut Street. He transported them to their residences and issued them written warnings.


Sunday at 10:10 a.m. Officer Kyle Day received a call for a non-reportable vehicle crash. A green Ford Explorer operated by Scott Moyer of North Main Street had turned onto Glass Place and slid into a pole. There was no visible damage to the pole, and only minor damage to the front of the vehicle.


At 7 p.m. Officer Adam Dickerson received a complaint of harassment from Bobbi Jo Saltsman, who said Jason Daugherty had texted and e-mailed her repeatedly after being told not to. Harassment charges against Daugherty are pending.