An apparent suicide attempt was thwarted, two schoolgirls played hooky, a juvenile yelled obscenities and then presumably texted rudely, and a probationer got busted. Those were among matters that required the attention of members of the Port Allegany Police Department in the week that began Monday, March 14 and ended Sunday, March 20.

At 10:30 a.m. last Monday Chief Dave Distrola received a complaint concerning a theft at Johnstonís Tools. The incident is being handled by the owner, so far.

At 11 a.m. Distrola helped a motorist who had become locked out of his vehicle in the Sheetz parking lot.

Daniel F. Kysor complained that he was being harassed by Edward Caulkins, in a complaint Officer Adam Dickerson received at 3:15 p.m. Kysor did not want to file charges but wanted a log entry made. Dickerson advised Caulkins not to contact Kysor.

At 4:04 p.m. Dickerson went to 326 East Mill Street in response to a report of a domestic dispute. He found that the house was in disarray, and that Jeremy Earle and Stephanie Nelson had been arguing. Earle was in the process of leaving when Dickerson arrived. No charges were lodged.

At 12:38 p.m. last Tuesday morning Officer Dickerson was told there was an unwanted person at 18 North Main Street. When he went to that address with Keisha Major, he found that the subject, Dyron Johnson, was not there.

At 6:30 p.m. Dickerson received information from a juvenile who identified an alleged perpetrator from a previous complaint by the juvenile.

At 9:45 p.m. Officer Dickerson tried to contact John Blauser of 58 Church Street, to assist McKean County Adult Probation in connection with an alleged probation violation. He was unable to contact Blauser.

Last Wednesday afternoon Officer Dickerson received a complaint of a domestic dispute between a father and son at 809 North Main Street. The son left, to stay with his mother at a New York State location. 

Thursday at 9:45 a.m. Chief Distrola discovered two female juveniles who were truant from school, on Broad Street near the cemetery. He instructed one to return to Port Allegany Junior-Senior High School and report to the principalís office, and she did so. The other girl was transported to Bridgeport Academy. The schools contacted the parents.

At 12:26 p.m. Distrola was dispatched to the bridge on Champlin Hill Road near Carlsonís Store in Turtlepoint, for a reported suicide attempt. A woman from New York State was said to have tried to commit suicide by using a length of garden hose to feed exhaust into the car. EMTs had removed the subject from the car by the time Distrola arrived. He stood by until Pennsylvania State Police arrived to secure the vehicle and contents.

At 1:30 p.m. Chief Distrola arrested John Blauser of 58 Church Street on an arrest warrant issued by District Magistrate Bill Todd.

Officer Dickerson went to the Sheetz parking lot at 2:45 p.m. in response to a report of a fight. Tim Parlato of Niagara Falls told Dickerson that an unknown person had head-butted him in the face. Dickersonís report did not mention any injuries. Parlato was transported to a residence on Wildwood Drive.

Friday morning at 8:15 a.m. Chief Distrola received a complaint of vandalism involving breaking off a small tree at the base. Person or persons unknown had destroyed a tree in the grassy area behind the fire hall and near the parking lot. Complainants were Mark and Phil Carlson.

 At 10 a.m. Distrola was told of more vandalism. This time a mirror had been broken off one of the postal delivery vans in the Post Office parking lot. The damage had been discovered by mail delivery person Tim McKnight.

At 8:30 p.m. Officer Tony Tanner got a complaint from a resident at 80 Pearl Street who said that a known juvenile had been riding by the residence on his bike and shouting obscenities. Tanner advised both parties to refrain from talking to each other.

Just minutes later Tanner got a report that there was an unsecured door at the East Mill Street laundry service, where keys had been left in the door. Tanner secured the door and notified the owner, who retrieved his keys.

At 9:06 p.m. Tanner received a complaint from a resident at 5:25 East Mill Street that there was a barking dog within earshot. Tanner was unable to locate the noisy dog.

At 3:40 p.m a black dog that had been running at large was turned over to Officer Tanner by a resident of 90 Church Street. The dog was not wearing tags. The state dog warden was notified. The dog has not been claimed.

Ten minutes later Tanner was dispatched for a complaint of harassment from an 80 Pearl Street resident involving a person sending unwanted text messages to her 14-year-old daughter. This complaint appeared to be related to an earlier incident involving the same juveniles. Officer Tanner tried to contact the texter but that juvenile did not answer the phone.