Arguments, underage alcohol possession, a bear suspected of vandalism, non-feline cat-fights, an apparent trespass that may have been a medical incident, and a break-in and theft at Mick’s were among matters that required Port Allegany Police Department attention during the week that began Monday, April 11 and ended Sunday, April 17.


Last Monday at 3:15 p.m. Chief Dave Distrola looked into the matter of damaged solar lights at a Broad Street residence. Also, bird feeders had been attacked. The resident was told that a bear is reported to be frequenting the area.


At 4:30 p.m. Officer Tony Tanner got a complaint about persons who refused to stay out of the Baptist Church parking lot.


Last Tuesday at 12:34 p.m. Chief Distrola received a complaint from a resident on Smith Avenue at North Main Street concerning reported trespass. It turned out the same people who had been accused of church parking lot trespasses were alleged to be trespassing some more, but at a different location. Distrola told the individuals to stay off from other people’s property.


At 4 p.m. Officer Tanner was told about a bike that was stolen from 806 North Main Street. It is a light brown or tan 20-inch Rampage Thrust with burnt orange handlebars and pegs on the rear axle post.


Twelve minutes later that was a complaint originating at Sheetz, from a female juvenile who said two other females were threatening her. Tanner advised all three to discontinue their dispute or they would be charged.


At 7:07 p.m. Officer Tanner helped a motorist with a vehicle lock-out in the junior-senior high school parking lot.


There was a report of suspicious activity on Roper Road, at 9:47 p.m. Apparently there were people yelling, and a vehicle was being driven up and down the road. Tanner was unable to locate the source of the reported activities.


Last Wednesday at 3:40 p.m. Chief Distrola received a report of trash being deposited in a dumpster at Dollar General by persons not authorized to use the dumpster. Store personnel identified the perpetrator, who was advised by Distrola not to place trash in the dumpster, or charges would be lodged.


At 2:50 a.m. Friday Officer Tanner was dispatched to 702 east Mill Street, where tenants were said to be arguing. Officer Tanner told them to refrain from arguing.


Officer Kyle Day assisted a Hill Street resident with a vehicle lock-out at 4:23 p.m. Friday.


At 5 p.m. Officer Day observed two females arguing and pushing each other on North Main Street in front of China Light. The officer stopped the disgruntled pair before the dispute could escalate, and told them any further incident would result in charges.


Saturday at 1:09 a.m. Officer Day stopped a vehicle on Park Lane Drive and found the occupants to be underage and in possession of alcohol. He cited them and released them to their parents.


At 3 p.m. Saturday Officer Day received a complaint of harassment from Crystal Hurd and Victoria Akins who indicated that they were being harassed by Cory Cottell. Day told Cottell to discontinue or be charged.


At 5:30 a.m. Sunday Chief Distrola was dispatched to Mick’s Diner for a reported break-in. Perpetrators had gained access through an unlocked rear window and removed a known sum of money. Investigation is ongoing.


At 11:30 a.m. Distrola was dispatched to the Midtown Motel, where two subjects had called about a car that was registered in both names. Distrola said the property dispute is a civil matter and should be resolved as such.


At 1:30 p.m. Distrola was dispatched to 15 Pine Street where someone was reported to be trespassing. The subject in question was in the wrong apartment and seemed to be suffering from confusion. However, the subject’s state of mind seemed to improve and the person refused medical assistance from EMTs.


Later, after Officer Adam Dickerson had come on duty, he was dispatched at 3:54 p.m. to the same Pine Street address. It appeared that the same subject had suffered a seizure and had become combative. The subject was restrained and transported to Charles Cole Memorial Hospital for medical treatment. Later subject was said to have been flown to Geisinger Medical Center for further evaluation.