There were no problems involving locked vehicles, but several involving unlocked ones, in the week that began Monday, June 13 and ended Sunday, June 19, according to records at the Port Allegany Police Department.


Last Monday at 2:10 p.m. Chief Dave Distrola received a complaint about someone having been speeding on Park Lane Drive, but he had little chance of locating the alleged speeder inasmuch as the complainant could not describe the vehicle.


Last Tuesday afternoon at 5:50, Officer Tony Tanner received a complaint of harassment from a Volney Street resident who alleged that Alan Kelly had driven by the Lathrop residence and “yelled and flashed obscenities.”


There was a noise complaint at 8:17 p.m. concerning activities at the basketball courts on Edison Bates Drive.


At 9:12 a.m. last Wednesday Chief Distrola received a call from a woman in Bradford who said she is watching a child for a mother who is in court-ordered rehab. The caller said the father had taken the child for visitation days and was refusing to return the child to the sitter. Distrola recommended that the caller contact Domestic Relations or an attorney for revision of the custody order.


At 7:22 p.m. Officer Tanner received a complaint concerning four juveniles who were trying to climb the fence at the Career and Technical Center (formerly called the Vo-Tech). It turned out that the juveniles had been walking Lillibridge Creek and found themselves on the wrong side of the fence. Tanner advised them to walk around the obstacle so as to avoid damaging the fence.


Thursday morning Chief Distrola received four complaints about unlocked vehicles having been entered and items taken from them. These vehicle entries had taken place along Chestnut Street, Ann Street and North Main Street. Investigation is ongoing.


At 11:39 p.m. Officer Tanner received a complaint of harassment said to have occurred on Penny Lane, where an unknown person had been ringing a doorbell between 11 p.m. and 3 a.m., then leaving or hiding.


Then at 11:59 p.m. Tanner received a report that an unwanted person was at 6 Park Lane. Darren Crum reported that Rodney Colon was intoxicated and was refusing to leave the residence. Tanner went to that address, picked up Colon and transported him home. Charges are pending.


At 12:29 a.m. Thursday Tanner found a juvenile at large in violation of the curfew ordinance. He transported her to the police station where her father picked her up. A citation is pending.


Friday at 9 a.m. Chief Distrola received a complaint that scrap metal had been taken from behind a South Main Street business.


At 2:30 p.m. Distrola received a complaint that a Pearl Street building was unsecured. He secured the building and contacted the key holder to retrieve the key that had been found in the lock.


A dog was turned in to Officer Tanner at 5:25 p.m. Later the SPCA picked up the stray.


Saturday night Officer Tanner responded to 804 North Main Street where it had been reported that a domestic incident was occurring. The mother and daughter involved said they did not want charges filed, and they separated for the night.


At 7:30 p.m. Sunday Officer Adam Dickerson was dispatched to a Chestnut Street residence to check on a report that children had been playing with a raccoon in a yard. Dickerson contacted a game protector who “took care of the situation.”


At 11 p.m. Dickerson responded to the Sheetz parking lot in connection with a report that a juvenile had been assaulted by her aunt. The juvenile was transported to Charles Cole Memorial Hospital, Coudersport, for care for a possible jaw injury. Charges are pending.