A truck backed into a jeep and injured it, but they seem to have parted friends (or the owners did); some juveniles were harassing each other but were persuaded to desist; and somebody was distributing ashes across property lines but agreed to “take care of it”; and a stray juvenile from New York State was retrieved.


Otherwise, Port Alleganians were mostly law abiding and willing to live in peace and harmony with one another, according to the police log covering the week that began Monday, September 13 and ended Sunday, September 19.


Last Wednesday Chief Dave Distrola got a 2:30 p.m. complaint from a resident at 601 North Main Street, who said his neighbor was doing some burning, and ash was drifting onto the vehicles at 601. Distrola spoke with the person doing the burning, and that individual agreed to rectify the situation.


Thursday afternoon at 12:40 p.m. Distrola went to Mick’s Diner to check out a reported hit-and-run. A jeep owner said that a truck had backed into her vehicle while preparing to leave the parking lot, and had dented the bumper. She furnished a plate number for the truck. When Distrola ran the number, it revealed that the truck was registered to Robert A. Kelly of Woodland Drive. The jeep owner said she knows Kelly and will try to resolve the matter without having a citation issued.


Friday at 6 p.m. officer Tony Tanner took custody of a juvenile identified and reported as a missing or runaway child from New York State. McKean County Children and Youth Services was contacted and they took temporary custody of the child until Genesee County, N.Y. Sheriff’s deputies came for the juvenile a few hours later.


At 9:20 p.m. Tanner dealt with juveniles who had been reported to be harassing each other by physical contact. He told both juveniles to avoid any further contact.


At 8:03 p.m. Saturday Officer Kyle Day got a report that a cell phone had been stolen from the locker room at the junior-senior high school, sometime during football practice on Friday. The NV2 phone was valued at $129. Investigation continues.