Two juvenile trespassers had their trespasses forgiven, apparently, but an older one with a history of trespassing was cited for it again.


A North Main Street resident was hearing things again—maybe not ghoulies and ghosties, and long-leggedly beasties, but voices and things that go bump in the night.


A Vo-Tech student was said to have bopped another in the head with a tape dispenser, and charges may ensue.


There was a chorus of “Give Me Forty Acres and I’ll Turn This Rig Around” in connection with a delivery to Pittsburgh Corning.


These were among matters that called for Port Allegany Police Department attention in the week that began Monday, October 18 and ended Sunday, October 24.


Officer Tony Tanner had a busy Second Shift last Tuesday, beginning with a 7:18 p.m. complaint sent along by Coudersport-based Pennsylvania State Police. They reported that an oversized-load truck had struck a car in Coudersport and caused damage. Local police were asked to be on the lookout for the truck, but Tanner did not spot it.


One minute later Coudersport PSP sent over another complaint, this one concerning someone alleged to be driving erratically in a green Honda Civic, swerving on the roadway and headed toward Port Allegany. Tanner spotted the vehicle in the Sheetz parking lot and identified the driver as Eric Culver. It did not appear the Culver was DUI, but Tanner issued a warning about erratic driving, at the request of the Coudersport PSP.


 Four minutes later Tanner got a call from Kane-based PSP requesting that he look for a female juvenile who had been reported as a runaway and was thought to be headed for the Port Allegany area. Tanner was unable to locate the juvenile, but was informed later that she had been found by the PSP.


At 10:36 p.m. Tanner got a complaint about a barking dog in the North Main Street area. The dog was identified as belonging to Carol Daugherty. The officer contacted her and told her that further complaints would result in a citation.


At 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, Tanner received a noise complaint from Jared Nellis of North Main Street. Nellis said he had been hearing voices outside his apartment. Tanner conducted a check of the area but found no one there.


 Officer Tanner was on duty again at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday when a stray dog was turned over to him and he placed it in the holding pen at the police station. When he came back later he found that the dog had been removed, but there was no information as to who had taken the dog.


At 10 a.m. Thursday Chief Distrola received a complaint concerning an incident at the Vo-Tech school. It was reported that a student had struck another student in the head with a tape dispenser. The student who had been struck was transported to the hospital. Investigation is ongoing; charges may be filed.


Thursday evening at 10 p.m. Officer Adam Dickerson got another complaint from Nellis, this one stating that persons were entering an empty apartment next to his. Dickerson checked and found that the apartment in question was both vacant and empty.


At 2:30 p.m. Friday Officer Kyle Day received information to the effect that Billy Harris of Roulette had found a small, black dog at the intersection of Main Street and Mill Street, and had taken the dog to his (Harris’) home. Harris left his contact information for use in case the dog owner contacted the police concerning the missing canine.


 10 a.m. Saturday found Officer Day responding to a complaint from Sheetz that William Poorman was on Sheetz’s premises again, in spite of previous warnings that he is not permitted on the property, and a previous charge of trespass for being there. Day issued Poorman a new citation.


At noon Day got a call informing him that a tractor-trailer had struck a Pittsburgh Corning building while turning around in the PC lot. Day collected information and advised the truck driver to notify PC staff when arriving with a delivery.


At 3 p.m. Officer Terry Fuqua got a complaint of trespass at 46 Pearl Street, where two female juveniles were discovered by the owner in a parked recreation vehicle. The girls’ parents were notified, and they picked up the youthful trespassers. The RV owner did not want to have the girls charged, this time.


At 3:15 p.m. there was a complaint that someone had driven off from the Kwik Fill without paying for some propane. However, the customer returned voluntarily and paid for his purchase.


The community observed another peaceful Sunday.